Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Metro Brokers for fresh articles!
Buying a home is the quintessential American dream for many and the reality isn't too far off the mark. Purchasing a home can be an easy way for a family to attain wealth with minimal risk when the home is chosen strategically.
If you're looking to buy your first home, these tips and guidelines will help you understand the buying process, enjoy the experience, and improve the profitability of the purchase.
Identify Your Goals
- What are your goals?
- How much can you afford?
- What is the ideal home for your budget?
Find the Right Lender
- Metro Brokers Financial can be your lender or help you find the right lender for you. Either way, you'll receive excellent service.
- Get prequalified.
- Receive a Loan Estimate, outlining the costs associated with your purchase.
Agents, Home Choice, and Offers
- Find an agent with recommendations from friends, family, and your lender.
- Shop for the ideal home, considering budget, amenities, and neighborhoods.
- Discuss an offer with your agent. Consider all offer details. Be prepared to counter offer.
Complete Home Inspections and Appraisal
- Always perform a home inspection prior to purchase.
- Receive the home appraisal, which is the market value of the home and required by all lenders.
Find Home Insurance
- Find an insurance agent with recommendations from friends and family. Metro Brokers Insurance is also available to assist you.
- Research policies, ask questions about coverage situations and work with the lender and agent to see if additional coverage is needed (like flood, personal property, jewelry).
- The closing is the process of transferring ownership to the buyer. You can streamline your buying experience by using Metro Title Trust/Raymer Law Group for your closing.
- Prior to closing, you'll receive a Closing Disclosure. Read it closely.
- At closing, you'll sign all of the documents, transfer necessary funds, and receive your keys. CONGRATS!
Click here to learn more about the buying process with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers.