Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Metro Brokers for fresh articles!
Did you know that more than 90% of buyers start their search on the internet? It’s more likely than ever for a buyer to contact you through the web, whether it’s from one of your listings or via your website.
So you’ve checked your email, and you have a shiny new message from an interested buyer. What do you do now? Preferably, you’re the one and only sales professional that they’ve contacted, but you know that’s not true. When that lead comes in, you need to bring your “A” game to ensure that you end up being their agent!
Are you ready for some great tips for converting internet leads? Let’s get down to it!
- Mobile office – This should be a no brainer in this day and age, but I still have to mention it: You have to be mobile! If you don’t have a smartphone and/or tablet with you at all times, you’re behind the 8 ball and will lose that lead every time. Make sure that your business emails are being directed to your phone, so that you can see when every new lead comes in. And having a tablet/laptop readily available allows you to look up and access information beyond your typical smartphone capabilities.
- Quick response – Did you know that more than 90% of buyers end up working with the first real estate professional that contacts them? As soon as you’re contacted, you should immediately respond to the lead. Not only is the property they are inquiring about fresh in their mind, this also shows that you’re “on top of it” and ready to help them!
- Call first – While your first instinct may be to send the consumer a quick email, resist the urge! Instead, pick up the phone and introduce yourself if the phone number is available. Email is impersonal while a phone call allows you to ask questions and get to know your new client. If you’re a fan of texting (like me!), then I also suggest following up the call with a quick text saying “It was great talking with you and feel free to text me anytime if I can help!”
- First meeting package – After getting the buyer on the phone, try to get them to a face-to-face meeting as soon as you can. Consider meeting for a cup of coffee if they’re not ready to view a property. When you meet them, be sure to have a great “first meeting package”. I suggest including a thank you letter recapping your initial contact, a simple resume about yourself and your accomplishments, relevant reports such as CMAs and neighborhood reports, and some sample marketing materials. If you really want to impress them, customize your marketing materials and reports with their name!
- Follow-up regularly – While some leads are already prepared to place an offer on a home, the reality is that most are still in the research and evaluation phase. They may not even respond to your first contact attempt. This doesn’t mean you should give up on them! Research shows that 95% of internet leads convert between the 2nd and 12th contact attempt. It’s worth your time to keep up the communication! If you have a client relationship manager (CRM) at your disposal, add them to your database and send regular emails with new information. Eventually, they’ll be ready to buy and – as long as you’ve kept in contact – you’ll be the one they choose.
With these 5 tips, you should be on the road to success with internet leads!