Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Metro Brokers for fresh articles!
If you were forced to cancel your vacation this year and left with a few days off and no plans, you can still put those off-days to good use with a vacation in your own backyard this holiday season.
Introducting, the staycation, a trip spent either in the comfort of your own home, or in another hotel or bed and breakfast located in your city. While it might not beat a Mediterranean cruise, you can still fill your days with fun and safe outings, fit for solo-travel or fun with the entire family.
We've put together a list of 15 staycation ideas surrounding Atlanta to help you get started.
1. Grab your comfiest pillows and blankets or a lawn chair and head over to the Starlight 6 Drive-in movie theater for a classic film under the stars.
2. Take a bike ride on the Freedom Trail, which connects the Martin Luther King Historic Site with the Carter Center.
3. Go see your favorite animals-lions, tigers and ostriches, oh my!-at Zoo Atlanta, with social distancing guidelines in place. Get your tickets in advance as space is limited.
4. Take a stroll through Atlanta's Botanical Gardens, and seize multiple photo opportunities under the giant topiaries.
5. Make your own pottery at Just Kiln Time in Marietta, by choosing a pottery piece and the colors you want, to put together in your own take home kit. The team will glaze and fire it for you when you are done.
6. Take a hike at one of these top destinations around Metro Atlanta, listed on our blog.
7. Listen to live music at the Park Tavern's Sessions, weekly on Sunday evenings at 7:30. Tickets are free, and the Tavern's air-conditioned Garden Tent makes sure the show goes on, rain or shine with enough space for everyone to maintain their distance.
8. Check-in to the Loews Hotel for a luxury staycation, and take advantage of a $25.00 Food and Beverage credit, valet parking for one vehicle each night, and the best part-late check-out at 4 p.m.!
9. Get in the holiday spirit with the world's largest drive-thru animated light show at Six Flags White Water, complete with two million lights illuminating a 40-foot candy cane and animated Christmas characters.
10. Take an extreme ziplining tour at Historic Banning Mills, located about an hour outside of Atlanta. This is considered one of the most adventurous places to zipline in the area, with tree canopy options for all ages. Reservations recommended.
11. Spend the night in a treehouse at Owl in the Oak Air BNB, located off-the-grid just 30 minutes outside of Atlanta. Enjoy views of the stream from a wraparound deck 30 feet in the sky, under a canopy of leaves.
12. Choose from 400 different wines at the Barcelona Wine Bar, a Spanish and Mediterranean-style tapas bar in Inman park with an extensive takeout menu.
13. Pamper yourself by trying flotation and infrared sauna therapy at the FL02S spa located in Little Five Points.
14. Go camping in a Yurt at Stone Mountain. Made of wood and canvas, these camping spots feature decks, picnic tables and grills for the perfect bucket-list getaway.
15. Build a charcuterie board, (we have a great how-to here on our blog) and have a picnic at the Rogers Bridge Park, overlooking the historic steel bridge.
Atlanta has a lot to offer, and our agents are proud to call these neighborhoods home. If you're looking to relocate to the area, check out our buying guide to get started working with one of our best-in-class real estate specialist.